Debt Consolidation Mortgage Loan, Use Common Sense
Debt consolidation mortgage loan is available but you have to choose the loans that fits you best first. Some companies will make it easy for you to do this despite the type of credit situation you are in. You will have to be ready with the amount of the current loan and the goal you want to achieve.
Some Options For You
With a mortgage refinance loan, you may be able to secure a lower interest rate that could reduce the monthly payment. You may also be able to obtain cash out of your home equity but be careful with this as this will of course make your loan higher with a longer time frame to pay for it. Remember that it is good to build your equity faster instead of applying for a higher loan.
There are also such things as adjustable rate mortgages but this you should use with caution. Think of where the interest rate is going before making a decision. With the current situation, it is best to get the present rate as it has been real low. But make sure that the mortgage principal plus equity loans do not go over 80% of the present house value because this is the smart market move.
Whether it is to buy a new home or consolidate debt, loan companies have the right loan for you. Mostly, people want to refinance their mortgage loan. With attractive interest rates that are existing now. You can't really blame them for thinking of obtaining a debt consolidation mortgage loan.
Smart Money Moves You Can Make
There are good reasons why one should apply for a debt consolidation mortgage loan and refinance the existing one. If the cost is lower, naturally the first thing that comes to mind is to refinance. Then why stay on an adjustable rate when one can lock it now before the interest rate goes double digit? There are also zero down options. Here are the reasons in a nutshell:
- The interest rates are lower. It makes sense to refinance when the market is on your side.
- The monthly payment will be reduced. But know that you will realize the savings if you intend to live in your home for a few years. Otherwise if you have to move in a year or two you may not be able to recoup the cost for the refinancing. So stay put for at least five years. This will allow you to weather the financial storm when things go bad.
- Avoid the balloon payment program. This was great when you signed for it because of the lower interest rate. However, after the life of the term which is usually anywhere from five to seven years, then the balance is due in total. If you are in this situation, it makes sense to apply for a debt consolidation mortgage loan.
- Change from an adjustable rate to a fixed one. It may have made sense to be on the adjustable rate mortgage due to lower interest and monthly payment but once the rates start going up, it is good to lock it in for up to 30 years. Even though the payment will be higher, at least you know how much it is going to be from year to year.
- Get rid of the private mortgage insurance that was required when you took advantage of the zero or low down payment. When the home equity has gone up and the balance has gone down, you may be allowed to remove the private mortgage insurance.
- Obtain from the home equity to pay off credit card, pay for college, and save for emergency and retirement. The smart market move is not to get tempted to cash in on the equity just in case the market goes bad. Avoid getting a home equity loan for a car or a vacation when house prices are down. In other words, exercise good judgment and use common sense.
There you have the smart money moves to take when making these deliberations. Stretching the equity on your home by cashing in is not a good idea especially during the economic meltdown. Check up on all the smart money moves before finalizing the debt consolidation mortgage loan.
Do you know of any other smart money moves that you tried? What was your experience like? Please share them with us in the comment box below.
By Roger Guzman, M.D. and Evelyn Guzman
Want to get the best mortgage rate and not get ripped off? Check this out:
First of all, it should not be called just tips because it has a lot going for it like:
- It offers the lowest mortgage rate.
- You can check out the current rates first and find out how much you will save.
- You can read all about Obama’s Mortgage Plan
- Discover FHA loans.
- This will share with you The Ten Dirty Little Secrets of Mortgage Financing
And that’s only the beginning. Learn all these from a 10+ year veteran of the Mortgage and Real Estate Business. This ex-mortgage banker breaks the code of silence and will take you by the hand and show you step-by-step how to get a mortgage loan without getting ripped off in interest rates, points and fees. Here is the link again:
Refresh Article 94 Debt Consolidation Mortgage Loan, Use Common Sense
Return from Article 94 Debt Consolidation Mortgage Loan, Use Common Sense to Debt Challenges Home Page for the Disclaimer.
Article 98 Remortgage With Bad Debt, Check It Out If It is For Real
Don't Miss Reading These Related Posts.
Article 76 Debt Consolidation Mortgage Loan, A Matter of the Right Choice
Article 72 Mortgage Debt, From the IRS Perspective
Remortgage Bad Debt
Debt Consolidation Mortgage Loan
Consolidation Debt Loan Mortgage
Debt Consolidation Mortgage Loans
Site Map of Debt Challenges for Easy Navigation br/>
Copyright 2014 Roger Guzman, M.D. and Evelyn Guzman All rights reserved.